Wednesday 20 April 2011

Delusions of Miniature...

30 Weeks Pregnant and Delusional

So maybe you've heard about the gorgeous weather we've been having in Britain?  Apparently we're one of the warmest countries in Europe right now, which makes me feel a little sorry for all the people who spent money on trips to Spain and Italy for the Easter holidays.  It seems we've skipped right to summer, which is fine by me.  The only thing is that I've never been pregnant in the summer, so I don't have any appropriate maternity clothes.

In my mind, this was fine because surely my normal shorts and things would fit with the aid of a bella-band.  So when I went to get dressed this morning I dug out a cute pair of khaki of shorts and naively tried to step into them and pull them up.  Yeah, they wouldn't budge over my ass.  The button gaped a good 5 or 6 inches away from the buttonhole.  Welcome aboard the SS NotGonnaHappen.

I mean, really.  Who was I kidding?  I'm 30 weeks pregnant, why in the world I thought I'd fit into a pair of my skinny girl (ok, healthy, average girl) shorts is beyond me.  I can't roll over in bed without a very deliberate though process and series of synchronized actions, but somehow those puppies were going to fit?  Reality check for one, please?

The good thing is that I don't mind gaining weight in pregnancy.  I'm growing a human- it comes with the territory, so this makes it easy to laugh about.  In the meantime though, I guess I better go and do a little shopping.

4 comments:

  1. hey! any reason to go shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundresses! Often have room for The Belly; not entirely useless after The Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd send you my H&M maternity shorts but I think they'd be too big on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck - I hated being hot in pregnancy and was a right grumpy lump!

    If you get the chance please could you take a peek at my new website www.polythenepram.com - would really appreciate the support x

    ReplyDelete