Friday 2 October 2009

Thankful Thursday- one day late

Okay, okay, but "Thankful Friday" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it! I've been the beneficiary of the some amazing generosity as of late, so I just wanted to properly give thanks where it's due and AW the awesome gifts a bit. Last week I wrote about the awesome morning I had shopping with my friend, Celyn. Above are her first official baby gifts, two articles of clothing that reduced us, highly educated women, to 11-year-old girls at a Hannah Montana concert. I wish you could tell from the picture how soft they are!
I am fortunate to be the member of an amazing online community of pregnant women and new mommies. We've developed into quite the tight-knit group, and just that in itself is enough, but I have to give a shout out to the wonderful Mrs.Bro for this cute little Welsh Dragon sleeper and hat! Gez, of course, loved this but commented that the white might show where the baby spills his Guinness on international match day, to which I gave him a very cutting side eye.


The last is that little treasure trove pictured above. A boxful of American treats sent by lovely Mama, which will satisfy many a craving! Yep, that's Mac & Cheese, a variety of Jell-O flavors, homemade bread & butter pickles, Country Time Lemonade, two (yep, count 'em, two!) jars of Skippy crunchy peanut butter, and a few cute maternity shirts thrown in for good measure! I literally squealed out loud when I opened the box.
Let this be a lesson to all of you- send me awesome presents and get mad props!
Thank you!!!

1 comment: